EXPERIENCE STATE-OF-THE-ART REHAB THERAPY FACILITIES
The Rehab Center at Oakridge Gardens offers great Amenities, such as:
- State-of-the-art rehabilitation gym
- Spacious, private rooms
- On-demand dining
- Flat-screen TVs
- Wi-Fi internet access
- European-style walk-in showers
The Rehab Center at Oakridge Gardens
Rehabilitation is an important part of health and wellness, especially after surgery, accident or illness. Our state-of-the-art rehab center provides our patients the opportunity to experience the greatest level of physical health possible so they are prepared to return home to the activities they enjoy.
Oakridge Gardens provides both inpatient and outpatient short-term rehabilitation therapy seven days a week through a partnership with MJ Care, a licensed and certified therapy provider that has been providing effective therapy for more than 35 years. MJ Care supports our mission and vision to provide premier rehabilitation services through a professional, service-oriented staff by providing high-quality, professional services to our patients.
Our therapists help patients regain their physical movement and mobility so they can enjoy a higher level of independence. Our licensed and trained physical therapists work with each person to develop an individual care plan to meet their unique needs and health care requirements. Together, we work to regain overall strength, range of motion, balance and coordination for those who have mechanical and physiological conditions related to various diseases or conditions.
Physical therapists focus on:
- Gait training to restore stability when walking.
- Transfer training to enable safe movement to and from chairs, vehicles, beds and bathroom facilities.
- Stair climbing.
- Improving balance and decreasing fall risk.
- Post-amputation care with wounds, range of motion and gait training.
- Improving general strength, endurance and flexibility/range of motion.
- Training with assistive devices, including walkers, canes, wheelchair mobility and power chair mobility.
- Pain management, using a variety of methods.
An illness or an accident can diminish people’s ability to do some of those necessary daily tasks to care for themselves. At the rehab center at Oakridge Gardens, our occupational therapists work on each individual’s muscle strength and coordination, range of motion in the arms and legs, balance, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, vision, perceptions and thinking skills – all related to daily living activities.
Our occupational therapists use purposeful activities to work on improving the everyday activities of our patients to help them become as independent as possible.
Occupational therapy focuses on:
- Home management tasks, such as cooking.
- Self-care essentials, like getting dressed, using the restroom, grooming and bathing.
- Cognitive retraining in judgment, problem solving, visual memory and sequencing.
Speech and voice problems in older adults can occur with age, trauma, brain injury or damage to central or peripheral nervous systems caused by strokes, Parkinson’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), multiple sclerosis, Huntington’s disease, cerebral palsy and tumors.
The speech and language therapists at the rehab center at Oakridge Gardens assess each patient’s communication abilities through physical examination of facial muscles, structure, symmetry and strength, as well as implementing standardized tests to determine a treatment plan.
Speech therapists work to improve communication and speaking skills, improve swallowing and teach strategies that help reduce the risk of aspiration pneumonia, as well as maintain proper nutrition and hydration. They also work with family members and other caregivers to provide strategies to facilitate and maintain functional communication.